History of Notre-Dame-de-Grâce
About the years 1900 the first line of tram appears in Notre-Dame-de-Grâce, a line starting at Mount-royal Street, circumvents the mountain and ending in the Snowdon station was now transporting people elseware in Montreal Island . Slowly but surly the village was evolving around NDG church which was a master church for about seven parish of the west Island. About 1920 NDG received more English-speaking resident starting point of the construction of many schools and churches. The most significant change for NDG came in 1966 – 1967 with the construction of Decarie express way which literally split the borough by digging a huge scar in NDG Urban grid.
Today, NDG is a very vast borough with many contrasts because of its size ( NDG is now part of the district Côte-des-Neiges Notre-Dame-de-Grâce.)
With the rebirth of the Monkland street also named “the Village”, the district saw a good economic boom, especially with the revalorization of its commercial main streets such as Sherbrooke and Queen Mary. Borough NDG is now part of arrondissement Côte-des-Neiges—Notre-Dame-de-Grâce.
179 Pictures of NDG, Montréal.
Historical buildings and skyscrapers in borough NDG
Schools and Universities
Apartments and Condos
Monasteries, Religious Buildings
City pictures : borough NDG