Borough Ahuntsic / Cartierville
Short history of Ahuntsic Cartierville
That part of the city is occupied since a very long time compared to the other parts of the city. In year 1695 the Sulpicians set up small military checkpoint at the Sault-aux-Récollet with an aim of protecting colonists and to make safe fur trades. As testify by these country house made out of stone from field along the boulevard Gouin this borough have activities since a while.
Gathering several old villages like Saraguay, Cartierville and Sault-aux-Récollet, Ahuntsic was a quiet country village for a long time where rich inhabitants of the Golden Square Miles had their country houses on the Gouin Blvd in the time it was called Chemin de la côte du sault or Chemin du bod-de-l’eau or Chemin des Cageux
Very far away from the town of Montreal, we have to wait the beginning of the 19 century to see villages at the edge of the water connected to Montreal by a tram which started from the Snowdown Street in Notre-Dame-De-Grâce.
In 1959, the construction of the Henri-Bourassa Boulevard comes to disturb this peaceful place by separating the bordering part with the rest of the city.
In1906, the municipality of Cartierville is founded whereas a few years later the town of Saraguay is founded due to conflict about management, it will be annexed to the town of Montreal only in 1964. Now these former districts are part of arrondissement Ahuntsic-CartierVille.
170 Pictures of Ahuntsic / Cartierville, Montréal.
Historical buildings and skyscrapers in borough Ahuntsic / Cartierville
Schools and Universities
Apartments and Condos
Monasteries, Religious Buildings
City pictures : borough Ahuntsic / Cartierville