Here are some statistics for meet your curiosity on Montreal. Source(2006): City of Montreal and Tourism Montreal
- The population of the city of Montreal is 1 649 519 inhabitants (2011) and 3 824 221 for the agglomeration
- The area of the city of Montreal is 365 km2
- The area of the island of Montreal is 482.8 km2
- 9 bridges are surrounding the city of Montreal
- There are 4445 owners of taxi licensing in the city of Montreal
- The port of Montreal is the largest port on the East Coast regarding the containers transportation, mainly because it is the closer port of the industrial heartland of America.
- The Montreal subway has 68 stations (3 opened in 2007) spread over 4 lines
- There are 189 bus routes on the island including 20 at night
- It snows around 61 days/year on the city of Montreal
- During these days, Snow fall for an average of 226.4 cm.
- There are about 40 000 parking spaces in downtown Montreal.
- The longest street in Montreal is Gouin Boulevard with its 50 Km
- Montreal has more than 7630 streets for a total of 5617 km
- The island of Montreal is in an archipelago that includes more than 400 islands.
- Montreal is the second largest French speaking city in the world
- There were more than 7 339 000 tourists who stayed for at least 24 hours in 2004.
- There are 11 institution in Montreal of university level, four of them are world class universities
- More than 17 000 foreign students studying in these universities
- Montreal is the second largest city in North America for the number of students per capita
- More than 25% of university-level degrees awarded in Canada are in Montreal.
- Montreal has more than 15 200 hotel rooms, making Montreal the 13th largest in North America for the number of hotel rooms