| Montréal's Album | Page of a person or institution in link with Montréal's history |
| Name |
Businessman | Biography
| Year of dead |
| Last update: |
1479 hits on this page since 2010/12/31
| | Mr. Workman came to Canada in 1929 from Belfast, Ireland. He was among the founders of the Savings Bank of the city district of Montreal and its first president. He retired from the bank in 1859 although it remained symbolically co-director for some years.
In 1868 he was elected mayor of Montreal.
- Printing of the first edition of the newspaper La Patrie by Honoré Beaugrand
- Foundation of the Royal Golf Club of Montreal
- the village Saint-Louis of the End Mile separates from the village of côte-Saint-Louis.
- Montreal Metro has 65 Stations
- 883 Km of railroad criss-cross the city
- 19 bridges surround Montréal city
All pictures and text content on this website are protected through copyright. Anyone who uses them on personal or commersial websites or other media, commits a violation of the law